How does home assignment work?

For those of you who don't know.  I will be finishing 4 years "on the field" with Africa Inland Mission.  As a result, AIM gives a 1 year home assignment.

What is Home Assignment?

1. Home assignment is similar to a soldier's furlough, we are home to reconnect with the people we don't have the chance to be with while serving overseas.

2. So, a home assignment is an opportunity to see people I haven't seen in 4 years and the chance to refresh after living and serving in an African country.

3. AIM gives this home assignment and therefore also asks that my supporters would continue to partner with me in the opportunity to see family, reconnect with those who are Stateside, debrief, and give a report of the work being done.
I Corinthians 9:14

4. On a personal level, I look forward to spending all the Holidays and Birthdays with the family that I haven't had in the past 4 years.

5. In order to go on home assignment, I have had a health check as well as several exit meetings.  This being the first time to do these meetings it was a lot to process.

6. Someone asked me what I was most looking forward to in coming to the States.  The first year it was the restaurants.  The second year it was the stores.  The third year it was the chance to wear shorts.  Now, its the opportunity to sit around the table with my family and you all too.

A Few Notes:

1. A family friend is helping with a vehicle so I can visit you all.

2. I do hope to work part-time after getting settled. 

MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK OR EMAIL ME AT miss.bcmorris@gmail.com TO SET UP A TIME TO GET TOGETHER.




Comments

Popular Posts