Hospital Devo


AIM requires medical checks, so I found myself at the Kijabe Missions Hospital on a Thursday Morning.  As I waited I noticed the sign, “Jesus Said, ‘I am the bread of life, he who comes to me will never go hungry,’” John 6:35.  In a world where people cut out different foods to stay thin, I couldn’t help thinking they would probably love the idea of being filled up on the best bread and all the amazing things that can go with it and not feeling guilty.  Everyone has had that feeling of satisfaction after an amazing meal and it was amazing to liken that feeling to the way Jesus fills you up.  Watching the TV just beyond the sign in the waiting room the “Day Break” show was cooking a Chicken sandwich. The host had layered lettuce with tomatoes, adding cheese and chicken on top.  Then, on top of the first sandwich, they put a second layer with an egg and finished it off with another layer of bread.  Once the sandwich was complete introduced the guy who got to eat it.  It’s hard to explain how excited he looked, but he was truly satisfied to eat this sandwich.  Having experienced the filling Jesus gives when you go back to him over and over, I knew how the guy felt.  But, it’s more than being filled up on an amazing meal of carbs and fixings, Jesus satisfies your heart.  Every time you go to Him there is a hope that only He can give.  Although I wasn’t excited to have to fit in a doctor’s appointment in a busy schedule, I was glad for the opportunity to be reminded of the kind of soul filling comfort my Jesus gives because of the verse I saw while waiting for my turn at the doctor.

Comments

Popular Posts